Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chip's knee replacement




Chip did great with his surgery. I am just so shocked at how well he has managed. We were able to get him home Thursday night--a day ahead of schedule. His range of motion is comparable to a day 7 or day 8 post op so that makes his PT people very, very happy. So here his is day 2 post op at home! (I do tease him about his 'Cankle')

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are home!!! No place like home to recoup. Sorry I didn't get to call today, I planned to but oh what a day--crazy busy right after vacation. You look great. I am amazed at the fast recovery for this procedure! Faster than for my shoulder--which seems so weird since the knee is weight bearing. Glad you are doing so well. Thanks for the updates Jen! Hope the weekend is a good one for you and you are feeling well--you look great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, his leg looks like Ken's when he had that staff infection:) Someone thought the had a fake leg because it was so swollen and looked plastic. Hee! Glad he's home and able to stand..goodness, how times have changed with procedures like this.

    ReplyDelete