Sunday, April 25, 2010

More knee replacement photos




Chip is doing very well. The main issues Chip is having is from swelling. His poor left foot is pretty sore. But the Dr says all is well, just keep it elevated and do his ankle exercises. Obviously, by the end of the day it is worse. We did go out Friday and Saturday to hit Starbucks for a coffee. Chip said it felt good to get out and smell fresh air. Oh and he counted, 26 staples to be removed on Friday. Hope this doesn't gross anyone out.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry...it's 23 staples. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 23 staples! That sounds like 23 too many if you ask me! gross me out??? heck yeah! I think I'd be popping a couple anxiety pills before that procedure. That incision is way bigger than I thought. Am not sure what I expected-duh, they did have to get in there and replace the knee...guess I didn't think that one through! I can only imagine how great it felt to get outside and see something other then the walls of the house. It gets old fast. And to get some fresh air---I hear ya there. Glad he is doing well. Am sure it will be up and down for a while, that's pretty major stuff. The swelling must be quite troublesome. Thanks for keeping us posted. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of staples. Poor guy:( I know the healing will be a process, but it will be worth it in the end. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete